08.00 Registration opens
09.00 Race 1: U13′s, Youth and Juvenille categories
10.30 Senior course open for practise
11.00 Presentation for Race 1
11.30 Race 2: Junior male, Veteran male, Grand Veteran male and all female (aged 17+) categories
13.45 Presentation for Race 2
14.00 Registration closes
14.30 Race 3: Elite, Expert, Sport, Masters and Go-Race Male categories
16.45 Presentation for Race 3
All categories (except Expert, Elite and Go-Race) are based on age. To calculate your category, it’s the current year minus your year of birth. e.g. 2013 – 1974 = 39. The category for a rider aged 39 would be Masters, unless an Expert or Elite race licence is held.
Expert and Elite are ability categories, only open to riders with a current British Cycling race licence that states Expert or Elite beside the MTB XC discipline.
Go-Race is for newcomers to MTB racing, wanting to experience XC racing and learn the ropes, and also those looking for a more leisurely/fun race.
Under 13′s and Under 10′s kids races will be held at every round and are entry on the day only.
- Juvenile (13-14) Short track format – heats and finals. Male / female
- Youth (15-16) Short track format – heats and finals. Male / female
- Junior (17-18) 4 laps male / 4 laps female
- Sport (19-39) 4 laps male /3 laps female
- Expert (19+ licence only) 5 laps male / 4 laps female
- Elite (19+ licence only) 6 laps male / 5 laps female
- Master (30-39) 5 laps male / 4 laps female
- Veterans (40-49) 4 laps male / 3 laps female
- Grand Vets (50+) 4 laps male / 3 laps female
- Go-Race (19+) 3 laps male / 3 laps female
Series standings based on your best 3 XC results. The series finale at Eastridge is the decider and all series trophies will be presented there.
Midlands Best All Rounder based on your XC Marathon, XC Eliminator and top XC result
Please note that the races are held on private land. Don’t jeopardize the series by riding the trails at any time other than race day.