The 2015 series is here!
The 2015 series is presented by the following clubs/teams: Royal Leamington Spa CC, Sherwood Pines CC, Matlock CC, Bolsover & District CC, Torq Performance, Bewdley Outdoors and Bridgnorth CC. It is the time and effort they put in that enables the series to take place.
Important changes to note:
- 1 round of XCE (Cross-Country Eliminator)
- 2 chances to be social and race with your team-mates in a team relay!
- Race day streamlined into 3 races: 10.30, 13.00 and 14.30
- Entry fees held at 2014 prices, with Fun and Grand Vet prices reduced
- Masters has gone…
- Best 4 results from 7 count towards the series standings
- Sorry, no Marathon this year. Maybe 2016..?
The 2013 series in numbers…
Too many to mention! – The number of people and sponsors who’ve helped make the 2013 series happen.
10,500 – Furthest distance travelled (in miles) to compete.
707 – The number of different riders who took part in 2013.
233 – The number of different teams / clubs who took part this year.
40 – The wind speed at Birchall for the XCO.
31 – The recorded air temperature at Graves Park for the XCE.
24 – Number of rolls of Pearl Izumi race tape used to mark out the courses.
14 – Riders were undefeated in their category.
5 – Riders managed a clean sweep of 4 wins.
4 – Different race formats used across the series.
3 – Riders completed the triple crown of XCE, XCO and XCM Evie Richards (Malvern Cycle Sport), Peter Turner (Derby Mercury RC) and Ross Marriott (Welland Valley CC)!
2 – Former Downhill World Mtb Champions competed this year!
2 – New venues were used in 2013.
Less than last year! – Number of discarded gel wrappers and waterbottles :-)